Environmental Assessments by Ridgeline: Thorough and Integrated
Through the assessment process, Ridgeline's consultants will help your company navigate its environmental requirements, efficiently and without adding unnecessary cost. Each type of environmental assessment targets a specific inquiry and may be implemented separately or in combination, depending on your site situation.
If an assessment determines that remediation is required, you can count on Ridgeline to recommend and deliver the right solution.
Environmental Site Assessments (ESA)
Ridgeline's environmental consultants use the ESA data collected at your well site to identify contamination issues and recommend and implement the most effective solution possible. We perform Phase I, II and III ESAs in accordance with Canadian Standards Association and Alberta Environment regulations.
Phase I ESA
- A Phase I ESA identifies actual or potential sources of well site contamination. To prepare your report, Ridgeline will analyze data collected through a desktop records review, a site visit, and interviews with landowners, leaseholders, site operators and other stakeholders
Phase II ESA
- A phase II ESA confirms the presence and types of contaminants at your well site. Assessments involve analysis of past site activities and soil sampling at predetermined locations and depths. We may also use electromagnetic (EM) technology to quickly identify areas of concern. Depending on the situation, Ridgeline will collect soil and ground water samples to depths of 16 metres.
Phase III ESA
- If your Phase II ESA indicates contamination levels above regulatory criteria, a Phase III ESA well site remediation program is required. Ridgeline's environmental consultants will provide you with a number of treatment or disposal options for the specific types and concentrations of contaminants at your well site.
Pre-disturbance Site Assessment (PDSA)
- PDSAs are conducted after your well site survey and before construction begins to collect baseline biological data for future reference. Biotic and abiotic components are observed, sampled and recorded.
Reclamation Detailed Site Assessments (RDSA)
- You must complete an RDSA at your well site before applying for a reclamation certificate from Alberta Environment. Ridgeline will analyze your well site's condition to determine if your reclamation satisfies Alberta Environment's reclamation standards.
Environmental Field Report (EFR)
- Your EFR will explain how to mitigate the environmental impact of your operation during the construction, operation and decommissioning phases of your well or infrastructure site's lifecycle.
Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA)
Project cancellation, redesign, or relocation is costly. An EIA identifies issues and concerns before they occur so the effects can be minimized or prevented altogether. Ridgeline will analyze proposed projects for potential impacts on the environment, people, or their ecological communities.
Ridgeline Environment also provides EIA Review services for Alberta Environment regarding projects awaiting approvals.
Surface Water, Wetland and Biological Assessments
These include chemical characterization of surface water, wetland assessment and classification, watercourse crossing assessments and limnological assessments. Ridgeline also provides terrestrial biological surveys and endangered species habitat assessments.
Water Well Testing
Ridgeline has extensive experience in scouting for and locating, sampling and flow testing water wells, particularly in coal bed methane (CBM) operations. Ridgeline will provide environmental mapping and ERCB notification for well applications prior to CBM drilling operations in accordance with ERCB D-35 guidelines, as well as final reporting as required by Alberta Environment.
While grid sampling is a costly and time-consuming option, electromagnetic maps point to areas of apparent high conductivity and can help stakeholders identify and target potential areas of concern.
General Sampling and Analysis
Ridgeline's environmental consultants will sample and characterize soil, water or any other medium at your site to identify contamination issues and recommend and implement an optimal solution.
Be confident you've left nothing to chance. Inquire about Ridgeline's environmental assessment services today.